Monday, May 26, 2008

Bad Mommy Moment #1,323

Today is Memorial Day. And before I write anything else I just want to honor those that have given their service and their lives for the freedoms we enjoy.

My children played outside most of today. It has rained off and on the past two days, but today was sunny, if a little cold. Again, the weather has been extremely odd for Los Angeles. In any event, both my children were playing outside with water balloons and buckets. And, I am a bad mommy. It wasn't until they were outside for quite a bit that I realized that they didn't have sunblock on. It wasn't entirely my fault - my husband set them up outside so I sort of assumed that he had taken care of it.

Of course, I shouldn't have assumed. He never really remembers about sunblock.

So, now they both have burns. And I just feel horribly guilty. I'm fair skinned, so I know the importance of sunscreen. Yet, I let my kids get sunburns. Aarghh . . . . bad mommy moment number 1,323. I'm sure there are many more to come.

1 comment:

Michelle W said...

Ahhh this will be the prefect type of thing for you to post as my guest blogger this week at 'Mommy Confessions'. Please get your confession over to me before 5/30 for posting at mommyconfessions@verizon.net
Can't wait to see what you have to say. I've linked up both of your sites on mine. Feel free to mentionyour gesting on your own sites.